Global resources. Personal delivery. Personal accountability.
You want to be confident that you and your loved ones will be well served by your wealth now and into the future. And, you want to work with financial advisors who know you and understand your wishes and dreams…not be treated like a faceless client by a call center service representative. Colton Groome & Company partners with some of the leading national trust companies to deliver expert and personalized trust services that will help you manage and administer wealth for you and your heirs.
Colton Groome & Company:
- Serves as the local point of contact for the trustee relationship.
- Manages or continues to manage your assets, providing independent investment management advisory services to your trust(s).
Trust Company (“Administrative Trustee”):
- Serves as the administrative fiduciary or co-fiduciary (alongside your attorney, a trusted friend or family member).
- Provides continuity. As a corporate entity, it can administer trusts consistently over multiple generations.
- Provides a full range of services: accounting, recordkeeping, distribution of income/principal and preparing/filing of fiduciary income tax returns.
- Administers Irrevocable Life Insurance, Dynasty and asset Protection Trusts as well.
Favorable Trust Laws:
Colton Groome & Company assists you in taking full advantage of favorable trust laws. Many states now offer favorable trust laws including:
- Appointment of an investment advisor to manage trust assets.
- Permit trusts to be managed for total return, distributing annual pay-outs based on a percentage of the trust’s value.
- Perpetual trusts.
- Asset protection features.
- Distributions to Grantor, if needed.
Horizon Investments, LLC is a separate entity from ValMark Securities Inc. and ValMark Advisers, Inc, and Colton Groome & Company.
Fee-based planning offered through Colton Groome Financial Advisors, LLC, a state registered investment advisor. Third party money management offered through ValMark Advisers, Inc., a SEC registered investment advisor. Securities offered through ValMark Securities, Inc. Member FINRA, SIPC, 130 Springside Drive, Suite 300, Akron, Ohio 44333-2431, 1-800-765-5201. Colton Groome & Company, Colton Groome Financial Advisors, LLC, and Colton Groome Benefits Advisors, LLC are separate entities from ValMark Securities and ValMark Advisers, Inc. Colton Groome & Company is a separate entity from Retirement Plan Advisory Group.